OpenELEC Forum
' [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: AUDIO (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: ' [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D (/showthread.php?tid=11565)

Pages: 1 2 3

[solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - threatlockz - 09-20-2011

I have a weird problem with my setup running openelec 99.5.

In the beginning i had no sound, so i followed the ION2 instructions found on the site, rebooted, and had menu sounds so i was happy Smile

But then... when i configure it according to the ION2 sound guide, i only have audio with some films (i think the ones with AC3 surround sound) but not with e.g. een DVDRip Friends episode with MP3 audio.

When i change the settings to e.g. output defaults, i have sound on the videos with mp3 audio but not on videos with digital audio. Whatever i try, i can't get both to work at the same time.
Mind you that menu sounds always work.

Any ideas on what to do?

Re: problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - therio - 09-20-2011

Maybe try a daily build, there has been much changed and solved in those for many people. If it works, you can later safely update to RC6/7 and stick to the RC's from there with automatic updates.

If you don't want to try a daily build, maybe you can share us your logs from the SSH command "aplay -l". We'll try to give you some options for your xbmc configuration that could help.

Re: problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - threatlockz - 09-20-2011

hmm alright. Gonna try to install the 14/09 build tonight.
I assume i can just use the update method described here: http://openelec.tv/installation/updating

After i did that, should i settle with the ION2 instructions again? or should defaults work?

Re: problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - threatlockz - 09-20-2011

ok updated to the latest daily build. works fine with the ION2 instructions now.
thanks for the tip!

Re: problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - olandese - 11-02-2011

Hi,

i'm really curios how you got it working following the ION2 guide,

i have an Asrock ION 3d 152d, and after probing a lot of configuration i got the sound over hdmi working, i had to change this part of the config

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 1
device 7
channels 2
}

in

pcm.tv {
type hw
card 0
device 7
channels 2
}

and changing the custom setting of the audio in xmbc in: plughw:0,7

The ION2 guide use card 1, but with my ION it was working with card 0.

Re: [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - jandcdawg - 11-06-2011

Hi,

I am also having problems with HDMI audio with my ASRock ION 152D. I'm running the latest 1.02 version of OpenELEC.

I followed the instructions in the ION2 guide and also tried olandese's solution above, and am getting nowhere. Could anyone suggest any other things to try? I really want to get this working! Smile

Many thanks.

Re: [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - olandese - 11-06-2011

Wat do you get if you type in a shell: aplay -l

Try to change the config and the xbmc sound configuration with the soundcards found.');

Re: [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - jandcdawg - 11-06-2011

Thanks for the help.

Here's what I get:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC892 Analog [ALC892 Analog]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC892 Digital [ALC892 Digital]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
card 2: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]

I tried setting the audio output device and passthrough output device to HDA Nvidia HDMI and still no dice...');

Re: [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - therio - 11-06-2011

Hi, try:

HDMI
Custom:
plughw:2,7
Custom:

Re: [solved] problem with audio over HDMI on ION 3D 152D - olandese - 11-06-2011

therio post=15776 Wrote:Hi, try:

HDMI
Custom:
Custom:

Right, but also with changing the config file with card 2 and device 7
@jandcdawg: this I think will work for you.

I have disabled the soundcard in the bios in my Asrock, that's why my HDMI was working on 0,7.