OpenELEC Forum
Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: MISCELLANEOUS (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) (/showthread.php?tid=11734)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Elko - 09-23-2011

First Impression, NICE, real easy Installation.

I got:
  • HDMI-Audio Output
  • Network
  • Fast Booting
  • A promising Video Output

Then i tested a Starwars Movie (Bluray Remux Rip), at First the Movie plays very well, smooth scrolling Intro, nice flow of Vehicles ... so on ... so on. After starting my tests with the fast forward buttons, i got the first troubles.

The Movie got flickering and Sync-Problems, sometimes just the hole Movie jumps between Frames (flickering between 2 Frames), sometimes just single Parts of a Movie, like Persons or Vehicles.

Sometimes a new Press on "Forward" fixed that Problem again or i got just on the Top, of the border some Lines, that where out motion Sync.

Gui Overlays producing the same Sync Problems in the Movie too.
Its amazing to see, that the CPU is not the Bottleneck (10% on an 33Gig Movie, WOW)

The "Remote Control" with build-in Front-Sensor does not work jet, i will try the usb Sensor today.
I will start buying a Blue-Tooth Keyboard today checking that part too.

To the Developers a great Thank You for spending Time ... cant wait to see the final Product, its a milestone between the Windows 2008, Windows 7 Pro tests.

Got to mention: I386-devel-20110922153032-r7913

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - tobitobsta - 09-23-2011

ZBOX nano ad10 installation worked fine for me as well.

i had some sync problems and jumping video, too, but i think its a different on u told about.
The big sync problems with GUI overlays i can produce too.
I played a little with frame parameter, where id turned out that 59.97 (or whatever) works better then 60 fps. Furthermore of course the audio video snyc options get cause much of these problems.

The usb sennsor for the remote works well except for the "on" button of the remote.
I really struggled to set up a good remote.xml because out of the box the context button ("c" at keyboard) is not binded, which makes things complicated.

Second thing, which i didnt get to work, is to tell the sleep timer to suspend instead of shut down the device.

third thing: im interested to get audio work over HDMI AND headphone-jacks simultaneously. Is that possible? Any ideas? HDMI works out of the box!

Please give a short review of your exoeriences with bluetooth keyboard. i thinking about buying one, too.

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Jean-Max - 09-24-2011

Elko post=11734 Wrote:I got .. HDMI-Audio Output
HDMI audio output ?
-> Without any /Modprobe.d/sound.conf & /Configfiles/asound.conf modification ?
-> What is your choice for /System/System/Audio output/ "Output audio device" and "Audio Passtrough" ?

Quote:Got to mention: I386-devel-20110922153032-r7913
you talk about THIS version ? :
OpenELEC-Generic.i386-devel-20110922154817-r7913.tar.bz2
So :
-> Why did you choose this version ?
not FUSION (specific for this hardw),
and
not EDEN (XBMC pre-11 instead of 10.1)

Thanks for your info Smile

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - tobitobsta - 09-24-2011

uh.. sorry.. forgot to mention the builds i used.
Maybe because i tried so many different.
i NOW have the newest pvr fusion built, but i also tried the latest dharma and latest eden, but NOT 64bit so far.
Every build worked fine. Realized no big difference in 1080p playback and hdmi sound.
I had some problems with the new pathsubstitution and wend to samba share for my server-side thumbnail folder.

Right now think i did no modifications for this, but im not sure.
If i did something it was just to take a asound.conf of the sample configs which are shipped with openelec.

The settings i use are something like "standart ati hdmi" or the like. Any passthrough option made no difference.

Im sorry, im not at home for the next week so that i cannot give detailed answers.

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Jean-Max - 09-25-2011

tobitobsta post=11771 Wrote:i NOW have the newest pvr fusion built,...Every build worked fine
I had some problems with the new pathsubstitution and wend to samba share for my server-side thumbnail folder.
.. it was just to take a asound.conf of the sample configs which are shipped with openelec.
...The settings i use are something like "standart ati hdmi" or the like
OK !

-(1)- For HDMI sound on AD10

-> Can you confirm that this step by step process is EXACT :

- you take the asound.conf file for fusion in /storage/.config/asound.conf.sample/ folder
- then copy it in /storage/.config/ folder
- then rename it to asound.conf
- then delete the '#' at the beginning of the HDMI audio line
- so the final asound.conf file is like that :

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
pcm "hw:0,3" #delete the first hash for sound over hdmi
rate 48000
}
}

It's enough ?
(+ Hdmi setup in /System/System/Audio output/)

-(2)- For distant Thumbnails folder

On XBMC 10.1(Zbox ID11) and WBMC Windows pre-11 (3 PC), no problem to create a symbolic link to make the thumbnails created and stored in a specific shared folder in my distant NAS
With Openelec, and with the same process, thumbnails continue to be created on local Openelec (SDHC, Usb Key..) and not on distant folder :dry:
-> Have-you the correct and exact process ?
-> If YES, can you telle us STEP by STEP ?

Many Thanks Smile

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - scotch12 - 09-25-2011

Hi,
got my AD10 on friday.
Installed the following Build:
OpenELEC_EDEN-Fusion.i386-devel-20110923214416-r8309.tar.bz2

So far happy !

What is working for me:
- HDMI Audio
- all of my Movies (most h264, AC3 or DTS) are running very smooth.
- Standby
- Boot command from IR Remote
- Bluetooth (PS3 Remote --> i have to pair it every new boot)
- IR, but only with the included USB IR Receiver

Not working:
- integrated IR
- not all buttons are working on the included remote control (example: Home Button)

Not testet so far:
- integrated Wlan

The small Box is realy nice but in comparison to my zbox ID40, way to loud!
Overall it seems to me the Picture qaulity is a bit better than on the ID40.

Looking forward to get everything running on that nice small box.
Thanks to all developers.

Markus

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Jean-Max - 09-25-2011

tobitobsta post=11771 Wrote:The settings i use are something like "standart ati hdmi" or the like. Any passthrough option made no difference.
Choices are:

hdmi (ALSA)
ie958 (ALSA)
Defaults (ALSA)
Personalized
HDA ATI SB Defaults (ALSA)
HD-Audio Generic hdmi (ALSA)
HD Audio Generic Defaults (ALSA)

I suppose you choose "HDA ATI SB Defaults (ALSA)" ?

Thanks Smile

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Elko - 09-26-2011

I Moved to the EDEN builds today, much less Drops now and much less out of Sync Trouble.
This will be my new path, since Eden will be the next big choice.

OpenELEC_EDEN-Fusion.i386-devel-20110921115913-r8285

My biggest Problem at moment is an blank screen after changing to a simplify? Skin. Any Idea how to change it back to the default skin via ssh?

Whats the Deal with that Skins? I miss a nice skin from Windows "Aeon Nox" are Skin "System"-specific?

Also i miss an "Editor" on ssh. Some Faqs mention "nano" but it seems, that nano not exists in my Build, but fu**ing vi is still working ... Smile

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - Elko - 09-26-2011

Jean-Max: No, i am using Fusion builds from "tmp/image/", since today the EDEN build.

Re: Zotac ZBOX nano AD10 (SD-Card) - scotch12 - 09-26-2011

@Elko

Switch back to default skin:
just delete the <skin> tag completely in guisettings.xml.

Markus