OpenELEC Forum
[Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: AUDIO (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue (/showthread.php?tid=15084)

Pages: 1 2 3

[Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - Russ - 11-01-2011

I just bought the Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 and I am using the latest release 1.0.2. I tried all the audio options but seem to only get mp3 audio to work.

I am using HDMI directly to my TV. Is the hdmi audio signal not properly downmixing in order to playback 2 channel audio on my TV speakers?

Anyone have this box and have AC3, DD, or DTS audio working? Thanks.

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - Jean-Max - 11-01-2011

Russ post=15084 Wrote:I just bought the Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 and I am using the latest release 1.0.2.
I have the AD10 with Openelec eden fusion x86-64 on SSD

To have full audio on HDMI :

-(1)- From an PC, goto /Storage/configfiles/ of Openelec device

-(2)- Copy "asound.conf.fusion.sample" file in /Storage/configfiles/ folder

-(3)- Delete the # on hdmi line

pcm.!default {
type plug
slave {
# pcm "hw:1,0" #delete the first hash for sound over analog
# pcm "hw:1,1" #delete the first hash for sound over optical
pcm "hw:0,3" #delete the first hash for sound over hdmi
rate 48000
}
}

Rename file to asound.conf

Save file

-(4)- Reboot OPENELEC device

-(5)- Menu / System / System / Audio

Audio output = hdmi
Speaker configuration = 5.1
boost volume: <x>
ac3: <x>
dts: <x>
Audio output device = HD-Audio Generic hdmi (ALSA)
Passthrough output device = HD-Audio Generic hdmi (ALSA)

-(6)- Reboot OPENELEC device

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - DeBing - 11-29-2011

Hey,

i got a question about the AD10 and openelec:
Can i configure and does it work that i get the video signal on hdmi but the audio signal on the front side audio output instead on the hdmi cable (the hdmi cable is going to a beamer without audio output)? Because i have read about problems when using openelec fusion the front side audio output will not work properly.

Thanks and best regards
DeBing

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - therio - 11-29-2011

DeBing post=18036 Wrote:Hey,

i got a question about the AD10 and openelec:
Can i configure and does it work that i get the video signal on hdmi but the audio signal on the front side audio output instead on the hdmi cable (the hdmi cable is going to a beamer without audio output)? Because i have read about problems when using openelec fusion the front side audio output will not work properly.

Thanks and best regards
DeBing

Have you tried the analog settings?
And if it doesn't work, can you paste the aplay -l log for your box to see if anything must be changed?

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - therio - 11-29-2011

Russ post=15084 Wrote:I just bought the Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 and I am using the latest release 1.0.2. I tried all the audio options but seem to only get mp3 audio to work.

I am using HDMI directly to my TV. Is the hdmi audio signal not properly downmixing in order to playback 2 channel audio on my TV speakers?

Hi, do the settings like Jean-Max had supplied, but instead of 5.1 set it to 2.0 inside XBMC. AC3 and DTS support isn't always used by TV's (because they're surround settings), disable both so XBMC knows that it has to downgrade those streams to 2.0 streams.
Why 2.0? Because most TV's only have stereo boxes (2 streams) and if you set it to 5.1, it will send surround sound to your TV (6 streams, so 4 will be lost in space).

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - NatKir - 12-09-2011

Would it be possible to add this fix to the supported hardware section of the website? I don't think it is a wiki style so can't be edited by users to add that this system is also supported with this fix.

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - Hellfish - 12-20-2011

this is what worked on my AD10:

pcm.!default {
type hw
card 0
device 3
}

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - Russ - 12-20-2011

thanks Jean-Max and therio as I got the audio to work through hdmi and yes I did have to change audio to 2.0 within XBMC to get audio to work through TV.

I haven't tried the front 3.5mm jack yet in response to DeBing's question. Anyone tried both analog and digital audio and will it work simultaneously?

-Russ

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - DeBing - 12-21-2011

Analog sound is working perfect with the modification of the asound.conf but I could not test the sound over HDMI, do not have any device with hdmi sound output. Sorry for answering so late but I got problems with my wifi, even on the ad10 but this is not the topic ;-)

Re: [Fusion] Zotac Zbox Nano AD10 - audio issue - Russ - 01-27-2012

I can't seem to get wifi working reliably as well with the AD10. I am about to try a nightly build. DeBing have you got wifi working yet?