OpenELEC Forum
So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: MISCELLANEOUS (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... (/showthread.php?tid=28474)

So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - DragonFly - 03-17-2012

I'll need to patch SYSTEM every time I update because the hardware cursor is turned off.
The "-nocursor" option needs to be removed from "/lib/udev/xorg_start" to be able to see an mouse cursor at all in Opera.

Now, I've seen post from sraue on the web asking if it is possible to enable the hardware cursor when initially disabled in "xorg_start". Sadly, no answer has been given.

Is it possible to enable the hardwarecursor by default? It would leave an unobtrusive "X" when closing OE. Or is it done deliberately to avoid problems?

BTW. The reason I chose Opera is because it is the least hassle to get it working in OE. Firefox just looks plain ugly and Chrome or Chromium don't render there GUI properly because some (system)fonts are missing. Just can't figure out which one(s).

Another thing is that Opera has an internal DPI setting. When set to 96 the GUI font is displayed proportionally. Other browsers show an enormous font for their GUI. No matter what I set in the /storage/ xorg-nvidia.conf (DPI=), it will not reflect in the browsers.

Re: So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - ultraman - 03-17-2012

What about Flash player? Works too? Like youtube and other sites.

To bad that lot of work is done twice. I already have Opera running months back.

Re: So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - DragonFly - 03-17-2012

Yeah, I've noticed your post. I knew it would get your attention. Wink

I'm now running Opera-next (version 12 beta, I believe) with flash support for youtube etc.

It wasn't that much work. It just that the "libflashplayer.so" has a LOT of dependencies.
I placed them in /storage/local/lib and added the path in "/storage/Opera-next/usr/bin/opera-next" using "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/storage/.local/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"
Also some changes had to be made regarding the window placement of Opera. It has a tendency to initially place itself some 50 by 50 pixels offcentre.

Re: So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - ultraman - 03-17-2012

And where did you get dependencies for libflashplayer? Did you compile them? Probably not?
I use one script to download them from Ubuntu repository, extract them, copy them, ... But eventually I gave up like on few other projects too.

Re: So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - DragonFly - 03-17-2012

Nope, when running the opera script it complains which libraries are missing. Just added the missing ones from an Ubuntu live CD, until it did not.

This is a list from /storage/local/lib (Opera Only)

Code:
Opera
|_plugins
|_libflashplayer.so
libatk-1.0.so.0
libcairo.so.2
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
libnspr4.so
libnss3.so
libnssutil3.so
libpango-1.0.so.0
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
libpangoft2-1.0.so.0
libplc4.so
libplds4.so
libpng12.so.0
libsmime3.so
libssl3.so
libXcursor.so.1

If you'll try Chromium you'll need some more: (but it has a font rendering problem)

Code:
libasound.so.2
libatk-1.0.so.0
libcairo.so.2
libcups.so.2
libgconf-2.so.4
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
libgnutls.so.26
libgssapi_krb5.so.2
libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
libjpeg.so.62
libk5crypto.so.3
libkeyutils.so.1
libkrb5.so.3
libkrb5support.so.0
libnspr4.so
libnss3.so
libnssutil3.so
libpango-1.0.so.0
libpangocairo-1.0.so.0
libpangoft2-1.0.so.0
libplc4.so
libplds4.so
libpng12.so.0
libsmime3.so
libssl3.so
libtasn1.so.3
libvpx.so.0.9.5
libXcursor.so.1
libXss.so.1

I'll try and zip the content on Dropbox.

As for the "give up" part...........The ONLY reason I don't use OE on my main HTPC is the lack of a browser. It's been bugging me for months. Other than that, OE is far superior than XBMC Live (XBMCbuntu)

Here you go...........

The whole thing: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/54869325/Opera.tgz
Upack in storage and run from advanced launcher or SSH terminal using "/storage/Opera-next/usr/bin/opera-next"

What is the purpose of using xorg parameter "-nocursor" at first place? Even if you don't use it XBMC doesn't show cursor if you don't enable it in settings.

For fast changes I make a change in packages/x11/xserver/xorg-server/scripts/xorg_start. When boot parameter cursor is used I get cursor B) I think this is safe to include in OE itself.
Code:
XORG_ARGS="-s 0 -noreset -allowMouseOpenFail -nocursor -nolisten tcp"
# parse command line arguments and enable cursor
for arg in $(cat /proc/cmdline); do
case $arg in
cursor)
XORG_ARGS="-s 0 -noreset -allowMouseOpenFail -nolisten tcp"
;;
esac
done

I just remember why I gave up - I don't have full hd TV and when I run opera I don't see it all.

Don't know why it's disabled by default. Probably sraue did or some other developer who compiles builds. It's probably more aesthetic.

But you're right. It doesn’t do any harm when enabled and if enabled by default, it would make life easier.

P.S. I have several HTPC test setups, including one with a noname 720p TV. It displays Opera fine.

DragonFly post=28500 Wrote:I have several HTPC test setups, including one with a noname 720p TV. It displays Opera fine.
Well, I have completely wrong resolution and I don't see the border.

ehhhhh.....explain. You don't see the border? Do you mean overscan caused by the videodriver or the (gui)border from Opera itself.

The first issue you'll need to compensate using the nvidia-settings (if you have nvidia graphics) or search for "overscan" in OE or XBMC fora.
The latter one is caused because there is no windomanager present in OE and Opera doens't draw or initiates its (sizeable) borders.

Either way, you SHOULD see the major part of Opera's GUI.

Re: So I got Opera webbrowser running (with Flash) but..... - ultraman - 03-18-2012

Yes, I have overscan. But this I fix partially with geometry parameter. But second problem is that text is unreadable - the fonts are not smooth. I don't know if fonts are wrong or this happen because
of wrong resolution.
I have set xbmc resolution to 1280x720 with -4% overscan.

Can you help me with fonts issue? What I'm doing wrong.

Update: I made it. I have to set resolution in xorg.conf (mode parameter):
Code:
Section "Screen"
Identifier "screen"
Device "nvidia"
SubSection "Display"
Depth 24
Modes "1280x720"
EndSubSection
EndSection

Now to fix flash acceleration. Again.