OpenELEC Forum
A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: MISCELLANEOUS (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) (/showthread.php?tid=62711)

Pages: 1 2

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - shedrock - 02-25-2013

I am currently running Fusion x86_64 Version:2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) on a Zotac ZBOX AD04 and seem to be having some issues after I upgraded from RC2.

Here are the issues I am having:

1. During boot up I sometimes get a blank screen and I usually have to reboot the system.
2. My Movie posters and TV Show banners take much longer to load than on OE 2.0
3. After I watch a TV Show it does not take me back to the TV Show listings, it kicks me right back to the home screen.
4. I noticed my hard disk light (right after boot up) going and going for over 1 minute. While this is going on all my artwork is not visible.
5. Periodic lock ups while just moving about from screen to screen.
6. Many times I select (reboot) from the options menu and it just freezes up (all skins).
7. When I play .mkv files with (WVC1 Codec) and then try to watch a file with (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Codec) the audio stutters and then the system eventually locks up.

8. Newly added: TrueHD and DTS-HD does not work for me. I have tried it with "Life" which I know is definitely TrueHD and my receiver is capable of handling it. What happens is that the video stutters in frames and the audio is dead. The PC then locks up.
9. I keep seeing the XBMC logo on the home screen for a split second when I boot up.

I installed OpenELEC 3-RC4 on a Digital Engine box (Intel) and I had the same issue with TrueHD and DTS-HD. It stutters with the video and audio exactly as my AMD machine. There was absolutely no difference in the performance. So how can this be an AMD issue only?

Thanks
Shedrock

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - Darksand - 02-28-2013

I too have some of these issues with the Fusion build 2.99.3 running on a Asrock E350M1 - mini ITX - AMD E-350

I have encountered problem:

#3 where it seems that after playing a tv show or movie, XBMC restarts (not openelec itself) and I am back at the home screen. (not every time, but often)
#5 locking up randomly while navigating, then, after 10-20 seconds OpenElec reboots completely (5-6 times a day)

I am new with XBMC on OpenElec and haven’t configured my library yet so haven’t tested the posters and banners yet.

I also had some small green artifacts at both sides of my screen during some video’s but also at the home screen. Strange thing though. Only in the background, not on overlay menus. It seems to be solved by adjusting the shared video memory, but haven’t tested it enough to be sure.

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - fritsch - 02-28-2013

#3 fixed in master, will be in RC4
#5 please retest with the newer build when it is available

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - mhcc - 02-28-2013

8. Wenn i try to play Files e.g. from Youtube or ZDF Mediathek sometimes i get no picture but only stuttering sound. The list of Files does not disappear. So, hit the enter key after some seconds once or twice to start playback again solves the problem and the video playback starts with picture and sound ok. Same with HD Recordings from TVHeadend.

Same in RC1 and RC2

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - fritsch - 02-28-2013

Oki, please open an issue on github. Try to get everything that is useful. Aka xbmc.log with debugging turned on.
1.) Enable Debug Logging within xbmc (System -> Settings -> System -> Debug)
2.) Reboot
3.) Watch your movies with mediathek, try to get it crashing, stuttering

Now login via ssh and do:
cat /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log | pastebinit
dmesg | pastebinit

Link those two files in your issue. Thanks for your help.

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - Darksand - 03-01-2013

fritsch post=65169 Wrote:#3 fixed in master, will be in RC4
#5 please retest with the newer build when it is available

Awesome, thanks for the fast reply. I will test the new version when it arives.
You guys really give me the feeling you are on top of things, keep up the good work!

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - vicbitter - 03-01-2013

Quote:8. Newly added: TrueHD and DTS-HD does not work for me. I have tried it with "Life" which I know is definitely TrueHD and my receiver is capable of handling it. What happens is that the video stutters in frames and the audio is dead. The PC then locks up.

Unfortunately, the Linux drivers for the AMD Graphics chipsets do not support HD audio...

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - fritsch - 03-01-2013

yeah, vicbitter is sadly 100% right. No Support on AMD cards for bitstream Audio (no TrueHD, no DTSHD). Even the LPCM is limited to 2.0 speakers. That is the reason why all those three should be disabled, including Play Stereo on all speakers.

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - shedrock - 03-01-2013

fritsch post=65246 Wrote:yeah, vicbitter is sadly 100% right. No Support on AMD cards for bitstream Audio (no TrueHD, no DTSHD). Even the LPCM is limited to 2.0 speakers. That is the reason why all those three should be disabled, including Play Stereo on all speakers.

oh, I did not know that. Would it always be like that?

A few issues with OpenELEC 2.99.3 (3.0 RC 3) - fritsch - 03-01-2013

If AMD does care the same as they did till now - yes. Fact is no one despite AMD can change anything on this part ...