OpenELEC Forum
TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: PVR + LIVE TV (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP (/showthread.php?tid=62795)

Pages: 1 2 3


TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP - ultraman - 03-07-2013

As you an see you have 2 adapters registered - those 2 directly connected because the other two are disabled in config file. You should see them in tvheadend. Try to restart it and check in web interface after that
Code:
tvheadend.stop
tvheadend.start



TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP - antamone - 03-09-2013

That was it! Thank you! Tvheadend now recognizes the tuner!

And thanks to your helpful instructions here I was able to install ActivePerl and tv_grab_na_dd so I could download Schedules Direct guide data. Right now when I run tv_grab_na_dd I am having it output the XMLTV file (and save it's config file) in /storage/.xbmc/userdata/tv_grab_na_dd/, and I have Tvheadend's tv_grab_file configured to check that location for the guide data.

However, according to a post by Adam Sutton over on LonelyCoder it sounds like Tvheadend ought to be able to automatically run tv_grab_na_dd and ingest the XMLTV data itself on a scheduled basis, without using an intermediary like tv_grab_file. Would replacing tv_grab_file as the module called in /storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.tvheadend/epggrab/config be the way to do this?


TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP - ultraman - 03-09-2013

Read here on my friends TheHijacker tutorial. Search for "Second problem was the XMLTV".


TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP - antamone - 03-11-2013

Thank you, that's just what I needed!

Unfortunately, it seems as if I've been afflicted with yet another issue. I configured the HDHomeRun Dual's tuners in Tvheadend, scanned for channels, etc. Tvheadend mapped a few of the services it detected to channels, which I was able to play in OpenELEC...once. Ever since I get the message from Tvheadend "No hardware present."

I checked the /var/log/dvbhdhomerun.log files back as far as the tuner was recognized, and it appears the kernel was consistently assigning the same ID's to each tuner every time (example below).

Code:
################################################################################
# ... output of cat /var/log/dvbhdhomerun.log
# OpenELEC release: Intel.x86_64-2.99.3
#
################################################################################
Num of devices = 2

Device 10187c53 is type 1 and has 2 tuners

Name of device: 10187C53-0
Tuner disabled according to conf file
Auto detecting tuner type
Type of device: hdhomerun_atsc
Auto detecting tuner type set to "hdhomerun_atsc" based on auto detecting
Tuner: 0
Set initial pass-all filter for tuner: 1

Name of device: 10187C53-1
Tuner disabled according to conf file
Auto detecting tuner type
Type of device: hdhomerun_atsc
Auto detecting tuner type set to "hdhomerun_atsc" based on auto detecting
Tuner: 1
Set initial pass-all filter for tuner: 1

Device 10383ac3 is type 1 and has 2 tuners

Name of device: 10383AC3-0
Tuner type set to "ATSC" based on conf file
Using full name
Tuner: 0
Set initial pass-all filter for tuner: 1

Name of device: 10383AC3-1
Tuner type set to "ATSC" based on conf file
Using full name
Tuner: 1
Set initial pass-all filter for tuner: 1

Registered tuner, id from kernel: 0 name: 10383AC3-0
Registered tuner, id from kernel: 1 name: 10383AC3-1

I also checked Tvheadend's dvbadapters folder, and there were only two tuner files there, one for each of the HDHomeRun's dual tuners. So as far as I can tell, the issue doesn't appear to be one of the kernel assigning different ID's to each tuner upon startup (unless I am mis-interpreting the evidence).

I have updated OpenELEC to RC4, deleted Tvheadend's tuner and service/mux files to reset Tvheadend, and re-added one of the HDHomeRun tuners, and the issue persists. I'm rather at a loss at this point.


TVheadend + HDHomeRun on second NIC with static IP - antamone - 03-11-2013

Output of hdhomerun_config:
Code:
root ~ # hdhomerun_config discover
hdhomerun device 10187C53 found at 192.168.2.180
hdhomerun device 10383AC3 found at 169.254.182.66

/dev/dvb/:
Code:
root ~ # find /dev/dvb/
/dev/dvb/
/dev/dvb/adapter1
/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0
/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0
/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0
/dev/dvb/adapter0
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0
/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0

Tvheadend's backend/server has no problem seeing the HDHomeRun and scanning for muxes/services...yet Tvheadend says "No hardware present" when I tried to play the channels it mapped in OpenELEC.