OpenELEC Forum
XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: AUDIO (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration (/showthread.php?tid=63588)

XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - j.jezek - 04-05-2013

Hi, I have upgraded Openelec OS with XBMC from ver. 2.97 to 3.0 and I am not able to set up sound parameters like in previous version. Specifically... If the sound source was only "stereo" (for example videos from YouTube or MP3 music in my library) , sound was distributed concurrently to my HDMI output and by optical cable to reciever. I could listen music form both devices without exigency to change any parameters. Now I am not able to do that. If I want change output device from HDMI to SPDIF I have to change it in sound configuration. Coul´d anybody help me with configuration ? Thanks.

XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - Ipaddle - 04-05-2013

j.jezek post=69678 Wrote:Hi, I have upgraded Openelec OS with XBMC from ver. 2.97 to 3.0 and I am not able to set up sound parameters like in previous version. Specifically... If the sound source was only "stereo" (for example videos from YouTube or MP3 music in my library) , sound was distributed concurrently to my HDMI output and by optical cable to reciever. I could listen music form both devices without exigency to change any parameters. Now I am not able to do that. If I want change output device from HDMI to SPDIF I have to change it in sound configuration. Coul´d anybody help me with configuration ? Thanks.

Ok.
Try this:

output: optical/coaxial
sound output: HDA INTEL, ALC892 DIGITAL S/SPDIF
passthrough: HDA INTEL, ALC892 DIGITAL S/SPDIF

XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - j.jezek - 04-08-2013

Doesn't work. Now all types of sound inputs I can listen only from My Reciever. I want to set the configuration like in previous version - paralel sound form reciever and HDMI.

XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - Ipaddle - 04-08-2013

j.jezek post=69969 Wrote:Doesn't work. Now all types of sound inputs I can listen only from My Reciever. I want to set the configuration like in previous version - paralel sound form reciever and HDMI.
Yes, that was the meaning of my suggestion. I misunderstood your request. I doubt that it is possible, to have sound both on your TV set and your receiver. Try to experiment with passthrough settings.

XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - j.jezek - 04-08-2013

I have tried to change all settings with passthrough, but without success. I think, there is some change in operating system drivers, but I dont understand Linux based OS. By my opinion i have only two chance.
1. rollback to 2.97.0 ver. Sad
2. wait for new version and hope of fix Smile

XtreamerUltra2 - sound configuration - ultraman - 04-08-2013

It would be possible via special asound.conf file, but will cause problems cause the way AE is working (need to implement some "soft passthrough" that just uses a sink without initializing it).