OpenELEC Forum
Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: AUDIO (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? (/showthread.php?tid=64863)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - roden - 06-12-2013

Hi all, i have posted about this several times and have not gotten anywhere, i have an annoying TV that has no headphone socket, so currently i can either have sound through my TV or Speaker system using the headphone socket out on the REVO, but to do this i have to enter the sound menu and keep changing the source for every time i want to swap.

How can we enable sound on HDMI, and the Analog headphone sock on the revo at the same time.

This has been annoying me for AGES!.

Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - Leopold - 06-12-2013

Hi roden,
This asound.conf works for me on a Revo. When passthrough is in use you won't get sound through both outputs. I'm not sure if that's a problem for you or not.

Drop it in Configfiles and select the new output device name in the audio settings.

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - roden - 06-12-2013

Hey thanks ill try it as soon as im back. Whats passthrough ??

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - roden - 06-12-2013

Ok just tried it, sound gets a lower volume, and i can still only select HDMI 1 or ANALOG, not both? and still only comes from 1 at a time Sad(((

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - Leopold - 06-12-2013

I have the "Audio output" set to HDMI because I want xbmc to "passthrough" the AC3 and DTS audio for movies to my 5.1 receiver to do the decoding.

The "Audio output device" is set to something like HDA Nvidia (default), I'm not sure exactly how it is named, I can't check at the moment. This is the device set up in the asound.conf and will be used whenever xbmc decodes the audio, not when using passthrough for AC3 and DTS.

If you have these settings and play something like an mp3 (which xbmc decodes) then you should hear sound from both outputs?

Others may be able to explain the details better but have a look here for more info.

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - roden - 06-13-2013

I just have a simple 2.1 sound system connected to the headphone jack on the revo. And i just want it to output sound from the TV HDMI, and the headphone jack at the same time, as the kids use the tv speakers, and i use the sound system.

Whenever i forget to swap it back in the menu, they try to watch a film and get no sound from the tv.

All this because i have noe headphone socket or audio out on my tv.

So is it possible.?

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - roden - 06-14-2013

Anybody, somebody gotta know lol

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - Leopold - 06-14-2013

Make sure the asound.conf is at /storage/.config/asound.conf and use the settings as in this screenshot.

[Image: settings.png]

You should then get sound through HDMI and the headphone socket.
I was able to test it today and confirm that it works on my Revo. Let me know how it goes.

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - roden - 06-15-2013

Done exactly what you said, as i did before, i dont get the same option you do, and can still only select 1 or the other ?

Re:Re: Revo 3700 HDMI AND! Analog Out - How? - Leopold - 06-15-2013

Yes you only select one audio device in the settings but the asound.conf makes this output to both analog and HDMI.
What device options do you get? Can you run this command via ssh and post the returned url?
Code:
pastebinit < /storage/.xbmc/temp/xbmc.log
I have a Revo 3610 so the device names may be slightly different.