OpenELEC Forum
Terratec H5 REV3 shows up as DVB-T/C/S randomly - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: PVR + LIVE TV (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: Terratec H5 REV3 shows up as DVB-T/C/S randomly (/showthread.php?tid=66126)



Terratec H5 REV3 shows up as DVB-T/C/S randomly - lurendrejer - 08-06-2013

Terratec H5 Randomly shows up as DVB-C, DVB-T or DVB-S adapter. If i pull the USB plug, and plug it in again it changes between the three.
Attached is screenshots of the Tvheadend interface and lsusb.


The working adapter in tvheadends config files:drxk_dvb_c....
"fe_path": "/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0",
"dmx_path": "/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0",
"dvr_path": "/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0",
"type": "DVB-C",
"displayname": "DRXK DVB-C DVB-T2",

The non-working adapter:
"fe_path": "/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0",
"dmx_path": "/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0",
"dvr_path": "/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0",
"type": "DVB-T",
"displayname": "DRXK",


Kind regards, JH


Terratec H5 REV3 shows up as DVB-T/C/S randomly - Getting2Old4this - 11-19-2013

[ Update: see my later post.. Getting Hybrid USB TV Adapters to work with tvheadend ]

For anyone working to get a Terratec H5 running as DVB-T, here's what I eventually did.
The symptom is in tvheadend when the adapter doesn't have the correct config window when you want to set up the multiplexes manually.
The problem is that the default tvheadend settings always configured it for DVB-C, probably because it was rebuilt that way after so many people complained that they couldn't get it to work as DVB-C. I found I couldn't change the settings via the user interface and it was really awkward trying to work out what to do in the /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend area.
I first ran tvheadend as a user (pi) with --noacl and did a quick web-based config to change the name. Then I stopped it and manually edited the dvbadapter config in ~/pi/.hts/tvheadend/dvbadapters/_dev_dvb_adapter0_DRXK_DVB_C_DVB-T
to change the line "type": "DVB-C", to "type": "DVB-T",
and then saved it, and started up tvheadend again. It worked, and I was able to set up the multiplexes and channels. After that I had the devil's own job mucking about with ownership to copy the resulting files over to /home/hts/.hts/tvheadend so that the deamon would use the correct config. After a false start where I couldn't log in (I had to sudo dpkg-reconfigure tvheadend) I got the default to recognize I had a DVB-T adapter. I still had to redo the manual multiplexes, but at least I was going.