OpenELEC Forum
While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: PVR + LIVE TV (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots (/showthread.php?tid=66365)

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - meikelmoeller - 08-15-2013

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots by pressing the "ok" button. Is this problem known.

OE 3.15 testing
yaVDR 0.5

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - meikelmoeller - 08-29-2013

Code:
13:03:08 T:140555286669120 DEBUG: LIRC: Update - NEW at 46813:160 0 KEY_OK devinput (KEY_OK)
13:03:08 T:140555286669120 DEBUG: OnKey: 11 (0b) pressed, action is XBMC.ActivateWindow(PVROSDChannels)
13:03:08 T:140555286669120 DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10610

This ist are the last entries in the log. "Activating window ID: 10610" releases the XBMC reboot while watching a recording.

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - meikelmoeller - 11-08-2013

The problem is still there on all clients, anyone an idea? OE-Fusion 3.2.3

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - the_mouse - 11-15-2013

Hi,

I setup a few STB's for freinds having been doing it for a few years now, at the moment I am trying to 'wean' them off windows 7 media center. I love XBMC and use TVHeadend as the backend. On one machine which is an AMD athlon 2 dual core on a NVidia 8200 chipset motherboard with one hauppage nova-s and one technisat skystar DVB-S satellite cards. They are having real issues with the box freezing on LiveTV completely and have to hold power button to restart and they find XBMC is constantly crashing and restarting itself. I will try to get the logs to see what I can find.

One comment they do say is that the picture on Win7 SD channels was way better than with OPENelec. I use DVB-T and the SD brodcast uses the x264 codec and picture is perfect, but the DVB-S broadcasts are MPEG2 and I must say on all the box's I have done the MPEG2 codec in XBMC does seem inferior somehow. Tried all sorts of settings.

OpenELEC 3.2.3
TVheadend 3.4

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - binhex - 11-18-2013

hi i am also seeing reboots running oe 3.2.3 (ion build x64), i can replicate it quite simply by attempting to watch a show that is currently still recording, more often than not part way through xbmc will completely crash and cause a reload of xbmc, which annoyingly then means the recording is stopped.

has anybody got the latest tvheadend client compiled for oin 64bit?, i would love to give this a whirl to see if its any more stable, as the current build included with oe 3.2.3 just isnt reliable at all :-(.

While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - the_mouse - 11-18-2013

If you are losing recordings then the box must be rebooting which I thought was the kernel panicing caused by a driver not by TVHeadend itself. There are two issues I am seeing, and its only one one box (I have setup many boxs for friends & family) that particular box is running on an older NVIDIA chipset/OB video card 8200 with HDMI. I have identicle setups but with a GT210 and it has no issues. I am thinking it is Video card driver / VDPAU related.

Re:While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - binhex - 11-18-2013

No the host is not rebooting, xbmc reloads only so it doesn't sound like kernel panic to me. Looks like I'm going to have to post this issue on github with logs.

Re:While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - meikelmoeller - 11-23-2013

Only xbmc does a reboot, not the system.

Re:While watching recordings by Live-TV, XBMC reboots - meikelmoeller - 11-30-2013

Same problem in 3.2.4. XBMC reboot after pressing "ok"