OpenELEC Forum
Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: MISCELLANEOUS (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) (/showthread.php?tid=68987)

Pages: 1 2

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - bragg2012 - 01-17-2014

Hi all,

There is a project called limelight in development that allows people to stream a live game feed to another PC on the same network. It uses Nvidia's shield technology which sends the live game footage from a gaming rig to the other PC and is then decoded by limelight. It works on raspberry Pi, Windows and Linux but I am hoping to get it set-up on openelec so I can just have the one machine in my living room so if I want to play a few games on the couch I can turn on the gaming PC upstairs but game downstairs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be setup in openelec? I'm assuming it will be straight forward to install after ssh'ing to the box but how would I go about switching to it once XBMC has booted up? Or would I be better off waiting for some genius to make an addon for it?

More info on the project can be found here:
https://github.com/limelight-stream/limelight-pc

Thanks

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - chewitt - 01-17-2014

A quick 30 second glance at the github link shows this is done in Java, so the first hurdle to cross is the complete and deliberate absence of Java in OpenELEC. It should be possible to create an addon as Java things are quite portable, but for that you need to find some genius.

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - ultraman - 01-17-2014

Java works just fine on oe. Like it shown with jdownloader.

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - lurendrejer - 01-26-2014

Did you ever get this working? It is sorta-working on my OE only problem is that the pairing dialog doesn't pop up on my main machine. And after trying to pair once, all other receivers (android, osx) stops working.

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - Stoner - 01-27-2014

I've been working on this, and I can get it to stream and it works flawlessly, but I can't get any sound. Haven't actually tried any inputs yet as there wasn't much point unless I could hear it. Looking at the console log (below) I'm assuming I don't have the required Opus codec installed? I'm very new to linux but learning as I go, and I've been trying to install it but as openelec doesn't appear have the usual commands and access of regular linux I'm struggling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

CTL: Requesting IDR frame
Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /var/tmp/nv_opus_dec-2216050694577112524.s o: libopus.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1965)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1890)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1864)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
at com.limelight.nvstream.av.audio.OpusDecoder.<clinit>(Unknown Source)
at com.limelight.nvstream.av.audio.AudioStream.setupAudio(Unknown Source)
at com.limelight.nvstream.av.audio.AudioStream.startAudioStream(Unknown Source)
at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection.startAudioStream(Unknown Source)
at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection.establishConnection(Unknown Source)
at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection.access$300(Unknown Source)
at com.limelight.nvstream.NvConnection$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - nononator - 03-17-2014

Hi, has anyone tried it recently?

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - bragg2012 - 03-22-2014

Stoner post=96410 Wrote:I've been working on this, and I can get it to stream and it works flawlessly, but I can't get any sound. Haven't actually tried any inputs yet as there wasn't much point unless I could hear it. Looking at the console log (below) I'm assuming I don't have the required Opus codec installed? I'm very new to linux but learning as I go, and I've been trying to install it but as openelec doesn't appear have the usual commands and access of regular linux I'm struggling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /var/tmp/nv_opus_dec-2216050694577112524.s o: libopus.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Hi Stoner - could you detail how you managed to set this up on openelec, do you have it installed as an addon in xbmc or just launch it manually?

There might be a solution to your sound issues here: http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Sound

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - bragg2012 - 03-22-2014

Stoner post=96410 Wrote:I've been working on this, and I can get it to stream and it works flawlessly, but I can't get any sound. Haven't actually tried any inputs yet as there wasn't much point unless I could hear it. Looking at the console log (below) I'm assuming I don't have the required Opus codec installed? I'm very new to linux but learning as I go, and I've been trying to install it but as openelec doesn't appear have the usual commands and access of regular linux I'm struggling. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hi Stoner - could you detail how you managed to set this up on openelec, do you have it installed as an addon in xbmc or just launch it manually?

There might be a solution to your sound issues here: http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#Sound

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - ultraman - 03-22-2014

Seems opus library is really missing
Code:
libopus.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
You need to compile it or copy it from some Linux computer (or unpack it from deb/rpm directly).

Limelight (NVidia Shield Game Streaming) - Rabberax - 07-31-2014

I was able to bring it to life without audio. No specific errors except that it keeps saying that the video decoder can't keep up. I have a A10 5800K which should be more then capable i suppose. Would the openelec Java JRE be unsufficent?

The audio problem is also unfixable for me. I copied the opus library (newer version) so i don't get the errors but it never really works. I think this is because the XBMC process is claiming these resources. An idea would be to close down XBMC and all other resources to then bootup the gaming machine, which i rather don't.

therefor i wonder the following:
- Is it possible to shut down XBMC? And then boot up the limelight java program (i'm guessing i need a .sh batch script for this? which can be executed from an XBMC menu item?
- is there any way to return to XBMC after the gaming session?

As a last question: is there anyone that has this Nvidia Shield thing working on openelec? Or Ubuntu for that matter?

Thanks in advance!