OpenELEC Forum
Re: Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Website (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+--- Forum: SUPPORTED HARDWARE (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=74)
+--- Thread: Re: Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=72168)

Pages: 1 2

Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - rmilyard - 07-26-2014

Hello, all,

I currently have a Haswell based Intel NUC i5 downstairs for my HTPC. My wife and I have been thinking about adding a cheaper build to our bedroom upstairs. I do have 1gb ethernet in the room so PC would be wired not Wifi.

Right now I have 2 NAS drives for all my media. One stores all my Blurays and 3D Blurays in .iso format. Also has MySQL for XBMC to keep track of that stuff. The current HTPC is running Win 8.1 Pro with XBMC. I play the .iso files with external player TMT 6. The other NAS is running Sabnzbd, Sick Beard and Couchpootatoe and stores all that media.

I am looking into building a PC for bedroom that will run XBMC. We want to build something cheaper and thinking of using Openelec with XBMC. I know XBMC will running my .iso file and right now we aren't to worried about running the 3d .iso files in 3d. Maybe is can build something cheaper that will play them on my Samsung 3d tv would be nice but not required since watch them mostly in the home theater downstairs.

I was looking at maybe an Intel Celeron build or i3. I am new to Openelec and not sure aboout what hardware would be best etc.

I would be getting stuff from our local Fry's Electronics most likely so keep in mind.

Could someone help me out with parts for this? I have no issues building it as I am very knowlegdeable that way. It's mainly never used Openelec and not sure of hardware.

Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - chewitt - 07-26-2014

Another NUC wouldn't be a bad move. Better the devil you know...

Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - RAND0M1ZER - 07-27-2014

chewitt post=113545 Wrote:Another NUC wouldn't be a bad move. Better the devil you know...

I agree and I think this is the best bang for your buck option. Except you don't really need the i5 NUC you can get the Celeron version for less than $150.

Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - Plasmah77 - 07-27-2014

Hi guys

There is a guy on Ebay who sells very nice units for XMBC my brother bought one from him and the system is an excellent platform for Openelec XMBC.
After speaking with my brother who has got one up and running I ordered one.

Here is the info if interested:

Search keyword "Intel PC T4400 NVIDIA HTPC Slim"
The guys Ebay ID = thetechstreet

I did some research on these units and what I found was they are actually Open De7000's

CPU = Core 2 2.2 Ghz
Geforce ION 9300 Video with Hardware decode ( Motherboard is Nvidia Chipset)
Max Ram up to 8 gigs (He sells 2 and 4 gig units)
You can get the unit with or without built in Wifi

Just Google Aopen De7000 and you will see the exact model I'm talking about.

The CPU and Ram on these units are upgradable and so is the Hard-drives. The one I ordered is 2.2/2 gigs ram/160 gig HD/No Wifi for $175.00.
He will accept best offer!

Hope that helps

Later

Here is link to Aopen De7000: http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=3026

Re:Re: Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - Gaudi - 07-29-2014

Plasmah77 post=113579 Wrote:Hi guys

There is a guy on Ebay who sells very nice units for XMBC my brother bought one from him and the system is an excellent platform for Openelec XMBC.
After speaking with my brother who has got one up and running I ordered one.

Here is the info if interested:

Search keyword "Intel PC T4400 NVIDIA HTPC Slim"
The guys Ebay ID = thetechstreet

I did some research on these units and what I found was they are actually Open De7000's

CPU = Core 2 2.2 Ghz
Geforce ION 9300 Video with Hardware decode ( Motherboard is Nvidia Chipset)
Max Ram up to 8 gigs (He sells 2 and 4 gig units)
You can get the unit with or without built in Wifi

Just Google Aopen De7000 and you will see the exact model I'm talking about.

The CPU and Ram on these units are upgradable and so is the Hard-drives. The one I ordered is 2.2/2 gigs ram/160 gig HD/No Wifi for $175.00.
He will accept best offer!

Hope that helps

Later

Here is link to Aopen De7000: http://global.aopen.com/products_detail.aspx?Auno=3026
Quite old hardware, and overpriced.
best will be a NUC, or a Zotac ZBox.

Re:Re: Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - majorpaynedof - 07-29-2014

Have you checked out the Celeron 1037U I just got mine yesterday with the 300 mbps it's running beautifully I paid 163.39 with shipping and it took 4 days.
what i'm running

2gb Ram
160 HD

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-NEW-Intel-Celeron-C1037U-aluminum-fanless-dual-core-living-room-HTPC-Barebone-Mini-PC-with/1638834276.html

Re:Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - Plasmah77 - 07-29-2014

Gaudi I agree hardware is outdated but this setup will handle XBMC much better than anything that android has on offer. Its the reason why i got it.

Re:Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - Plasmah77 - 07-29-2014

Majorpaynedof no I have not. Thanks I will take a look.');

Re:Re: Looking into building a HTPC Openelec XBMC - Plasmah77 - 07-29-2014

I always ran across Aliexpress they seem to have a lot of good stuff but I was wondering are they a safe place to buy? Thanks

majorpaynedof post=113737 Wrote:Have you checked out the Celeron 1037U I just got mine yesterday with the 300 mbps it's running beautifully I paid 163.39 with shipping and it took 4 days.
what i'm running

2gb Ram
160 HD

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-NEW-Intel-Celeron-C1037U-aluminum-fanless-dual-core-living-room-HTPC-Barebone-Mini-PC-with/1638834276.html

Country Inns and Suites information - FrankJScott - 03-04-2020

Loved browsing this page Smile If anyone is interested in Country Inns And Suites I suggest looking at this here- country inn and suites tips website, it's top quality! Also try country inn and suites advice page and country inn and suites tips page and even country inn and suites advice profile together with country inn and suites tips forum. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites info profile as well as country inn and suites info page and country inn and suites advice site or even country inn and suites info site for good measure. There's also goo info at country inn and suites information site and country inn and suites information site, it's excellent! Also try country inn and suites advice page and country inn and suites tips forum and even country inn and suites information site together with country inn and suites tips page. Other sites to check out include country inn and suites advice profile as well as country inn and suites advice website and country inn and suites info website or even country inn and suites tips profile and this country inn and suites tips profile for good measure.