OpenELEC Forum
Start / track change of music takes a long time - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: AUDIO (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+--- Thread: Start / track change of music takes a long time (/showthread.php?tid=77130)

Start / track change of music takes a long time - outrider - 06-05-2015

Hi guys,
i have a strange problem since 5.0:
If I edit playlists or play back music, the system freezes for up to 20 seconds and then continues to work normally. In playlist editing it happens if I change folders in DB-mode or add songs to the current playlist. During playback it happens when I skip tracks or start or stop playback. Never during playback Itself, though (i.e. no stuttering). The music files are stored on a smb share (another pi). This never caused delays when navigating through movie or tv series lists. And on my other (3rd) Pi with OE 4.2 the problem never shows up.

The log files show nothing. Since the whole system freezes even logging seems to stop.

Kind regards
Lutz

Start / track change of music takes a long time - klojum - 06-05-2015

If 2 of the 3 RPi's are working correct, I suggest reinstalling the 1st RPi. And make a proper backup once it works 100% again.
Without any other details and a non-existent log file, there is nothing left to do for us, only to recommend a proper SD card for usage.

Start / track change of music takes a long time - outrider - 06-05-2015

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.
It does not seem to be a RPi issue. I once installed OpenELEC 5 on an AMD64 cpu (normal desktop computer) and had the same issues.

I now copied all my music files to the RPi that has the issues. If the files are stored locally the RPi plays all tracks immediately without any problems. It seems to me that this might be an issue with the smb client in OpenELEC. Did anything change here since OE 4.2?

Start / track change of music takes a long time - DanPackMan - 06-06-2015

Does your debug log tell you anything?

Start / track change of music takes a long time - outrider - 06-06-2015

Unfortunately the log tells me nothing. It does not log anything before or after the short pause. It is like the short break never happened.
I must admit, the network connection is wireless (small usb dongle) and thus not the best. But my other RPi (with OE 4.2) also has a wireless connection to the smb server (another RPi). Streaming HD video (up to 20mbit/s) works flawlessly on both RPis - so, speed seems to be no issue.

For now, copying the music files from the smb server to the RPi with OE 5.0.8 has solved the problem for me. This is not a long term solution, but I am ok with that. Since I seem to be the only one with this problem, I guess it must be something very specific.

RE: Start / track change of music takes a long time - RobertoJoy - 06-10-2019

Do you want to know more about free Android tracking apps? have a look here then!

RE: Start / track change of music takes a long time - Randy_Abigail - 06-18-2019

For online music, it is normal that they will take a long time to load, that is because streaming music are different from the local music which doesn't depend on cellular network to work. 

Take Spotify music for example. If you also like to play Spotify music offline, now you can follow this tips to use the spotify audio converter mac. It is probably the fastest music converter in the world. you can follow the tips to do that step by step.