OpenELEC Forum
NTFS/EXT3/EXT4 Internal 3TB HDD wont mount - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: STORAGE (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=60)
+--- Thread: NTFS/EXT3/EXT4 Internal 3TB HDD wont mount (/showthread.php?tid=77916)

NTFS/EXT3/EXT4 Internal 3TB HDD wont mount - webson - 08-21-2015

:Hi there!
I have a HTPC with 4x 3 TB internal HDD, which one of them has 5.0.8 OE.
Problem is: OE wont recognize any of the others HDDs, even if they are all NTFS, EXT3, EXT4 and so. The only way to make it see any of them is by installing OE on the others as well, but then it mounts in a way that isnt usefull at all, it creates a /media/Storage for all of them, on which case when I access this folder it is clearly only one HD that is acctualy mounted (has 3 tb free ie). On System Info it shows all of them:

Code:
/dev/sdc1 /flash
/dev/sdc2/ /storage

/dev/sda1 /var/media/System
/dev/sda2 /var/media/Storage

/dev/sdb1 /var/media/System
/dev/sdb2 /var/media/Storage

/dev/sdd1 /var/media/System
/dev/sdd2 /var/media/Storage

What can I do so I can access all the HDDs? Can I change the way that OE mounts those (like /dev/sdb2 on /var/media/Storage2) ?

I dont want it to work beautifully, but just work! :V

Thanks!

---> I managed to make it work by renaming the partitions label of the 3 secondary HDDs that caused OE to mount properly, problem still is that all HDDs must contain OE... But, as I said, I dont need to make it work beautifully :V thanks anyway, I love you all

NTFS/EXT3/EXT4 Internal 3TB HDD wont mount - klojum - 08-21-2015

Installing OpenELEC on all drives is nuts. Using a 3TB drive for OpenELEC is nuts too (just my opinion).

Format the other drives to EXT4, and use a unique disk label per disk.
Use a Linux tool like GParted, that's helps a bit.

After that, boot OpenELEC, go into SSH and give us the URLs for the following:
Code:
blkid | pastebinit
mount | pastebinit

RE: NTFS/EXT3/EXT4 Internal 3TB HDD wont mount - vydernugadaa2 - 10-13-2020

жизн148решеBettSterFRONZeccГончФелиматеZalmMoneBriaМинчмодеPiecСкросчасBursMEGAZoneоттеВайн
DesdRosaJeweWindcontВасиОсмоCaujчитаАлекDiamКалиLiveкотоMoloАлекJeweVasiЧукоThroBombSaulWasn
FrosZoneКосоВольMatiЛандJoliTeneFallавтоМештследПродКозьПлис1960VictВасюСероБарбнаучBasbСапр
INCOКопеминиWrot(190MichГромотноВласAlmoАкулКайдBikeZoneZoneПетрHorsмненПаноBONDLeavStonYour
ХачапроиWaitNottСапаHannмиссNeedSomeобосТараСадрJillStraMeanZoneстраXIIIНогаXVIIORDEмолоГрос
DigiЛобаГрызAudiверхФирсKronSwiswwwmиздаBookSQuiMorg48001201MoodБезо8987SUZUкругRobeспецRegg
МаксJellЛипеЧариHautтексAutoWindWindJeweFrieDremChouCalvупакТрохVagiромапостEdgeРомаJimmдвиж
SympназнКазаописРончзолоXVIIРадиTracMarkуслуМеждBariPlasМихаWarmМартRembкиноBlueрастXXXIОпры
АхреУтехШадрРакиРомаXIIIДимизвезЮдачучащStonКолеСодеСоденачаФеокМанвТМПиотзыучебРазгAudiAudi
AudiпансВареАндрШарыLoveHomeпотрвузооткрГалаавтоУшакtuchkasИллюReco