OpenELEC Forum
External HD-DVD and Bluray Player connected to - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: MISCELLANEOUS (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: External HD-DVD and Bluray Player connected to (/showthread.php?tid=82144)

External HD-DVD and Bluray Player connected to - loganxwolverine - 07-06-2016

Hello there,

First, Thank you for your job.

Openelec is really perfect !!!

However, I have a request. One of them is already known. But here it is :

I have an external HD-DVD Player. And some of my best movies are on this support.
So, do you think it would be possible to add a new feature on your next release to permit to openelec to read this kind of media ?

The second one is simple : I have an external bluray player, and I hope to be able to read bluray discs with openelec.

Some will say "Create an iso, and then read them." But no, It may be a waste of time.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards

External HD-DVD and Bluray Player connected to - gda - 07-06-2016

loganxwolverine post=165118 Wrote:I have an external HD-DVD Player. And some of my best movies are on this support.
So, do you think it would be possible to add a new feature on your next release to permit to openelec to read this kind of media ?
I know what a DVD-Player is, but what is a HD-DVD-Player? Does HD mean High Definition, or hard disk?
What kind of protocol does this device use to access the movies?

loganxwolverine post=165118 Wrote:The second one is simple : I have an external bluray player, and I hope to be able to read bluray discs with openelec.
Most Blue Ray disks uses DRM, to read this disks there would be software needed that is forbidden to use in many countries. No chance that this will distributed by OpenELEC.

loganxwolverine post=165118 Wrote:Some will say "Create an iso, and then read them." But no, It may be a waste of time.
Yes, waste of time. There exists software that makes MKVs from the disks, use that at your own risk.
Usage of this kind of software will not discussed here.

Gerald

External HD-DVD and Bluray Player connected to - loganxwolverine - 07-07-2016

Hello Gda,

Thank you for your answer.

Quote:what is a HD-DVD-Player?

Well, A few years ago, there was a battle between Blu-ray leaded by Sony and some other compagnies, and HD-DVD leaded by Toshiba and supported by Microsoft for instance.

The HD-DVD Used the Vc-1 codec

[Image: 51mn75SmfJL.jpg]

Unfortunately, as you know, the batlle is over, and Sony won.

Always fun to read this blog :) - FrankJScott - 05-11-2020

Loving the insights of this site Smile Btw, if you want to see the best info on the Mastiff breed of dog, I highly suggest this speaking of about the mastiff breed along with this visit this site right here about mastiff dogs and this why not check here on the mastiff breed and don't forget this do you agree on the mastiff breed , not to mention this her comment is here about mastiff dogs alongside this talks about it about mastiffs and this find out this here on the mastiff breed and don't forget this i was reading this about the mastiff breed and this discover this about mastiffs along with this advice about the mastiff breed too! Also worth mentioning consultant on the mastiff breed together with this inquiry about the mastiff breed , it's awesome info.

RE: External HD-DVD and Bluray Player connected to - srivindhya - 05-30-2020

All the DVD and Bluray prints available on UnlockMyTV application which is officially available for Firestick and Android smart TVs. Get it from here; https://apkbuilds.com/unlockmytv-apk/

Love reading this article :) - FrankJScott - 06-13-2020

Love a good read of this forum Smile Btw, if you want to know a good home d├ęcor, I highly suggest this great floor planner site not to mention this top 3d modeling site as well as this great floor planner page along with this best interior designer website and don't forget this good 3d visualization page for more great info.

Growing fan of this forum Smile Btw, if you want to know a top renderings, I highly suggest this top room planner website not to mention this great 3d visualization website as well as this fine interior designer website along with this top interior designer page and don't forget this top room planner profile for more great info.