OpenELEC Forum
Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - Printable Version

+- OpenELEC Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv)
+-- Forum: Generic Forum (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: INSTALLATION (https://forum.openelec.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition (/showthread.php?tid=83477)

Pages: 1 2

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - Qazijadoo - 04-15-2017

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B - 16GB SD Card

So I wanted to updated OE8, I formatted my card and dump the OE 8 image, it started fine and I was installing from zip and it stopped working. I went back and checked there was no storage available on my 16GB card. I tried to extend the partition using posts(http://openelec.tv/forum/64-installation/56612-resize-32gb-sdcard-raspberry-pi-windows) there but not able to umount /storage. Looks like /storage is locked by Ethernet(Tried both wired or wireless). I tried to kill it but it starts back on its own, tried different commands but no luck. Any idea how can I extend the OE partition so I can install addons.

Here is SSH screen captureSadlast 2 commands)

OpenELEC (official) Version: 8.0.0
OpenELECKitchen:/ # lsof | grep "/storage"
300 /usr/sbin/connmand /storage/.cache/connman/wifi_b827eb3a3f05_51617a69524631_managed_psk/data
OpenELECKitchen:/ # kill -9 300 && umount /storage
umount: can't unmount /storage: Device or resource busy
OpenELECKitchen:/ #

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - leek - 04-15-2017

Same issue with me.

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - sraue - 04-15-2017

use 8.0.1 please

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - Qazijadoo - 04-15-2017

Correction I am using [Stable] OpenELEC 8.0.1 (arm) Disk image, I even tried [Legacy] OpenELEC 7.0.1 (arm) Disk image but same issue.

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - ladbroke - 04-16-2017

same issue with me. wouldn't expand storage partition on 1st boot. Using Librelec
My case the mmcblk0p1 was 500mb but mmcblk0p2 which contains Kodi and the /storage partition was showing 27mb
I used the instructions from the link but was stuck when running:
e2fsck -f /dev/mmcblk0p2
it complained about processes still in use on /storage - that post is 4 years old. when I killed the processes ssh was one of them and then kicked out of my session

Would like to know why the storage partition is broken, there should be a bug opened on this

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - sraue - 04-16-2017

can you add "debugging nosplash" to cmdline.txt after writing the image to the sdcard and before the first boot, ans sho (via photo) the messages you get while it tries to resize?

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - Qazijadoo - 05-06-2017

so finally I got to do this, dumped the image and modified cmdline.txt as per below:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet
debugging nosplash
Boot it up, Open elec started as normal first setup wizard and partition size is still 500mb

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - jugdish - 05-20-2017

I installed OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.3.img on a 32GB micro SD using Etcher on a Mac. I too end up with 500MB install partition and an unused 28GB /storage partition. I also tired the 4 yr old resize post OP mentioned, but could never get all the way through the process. How do I resize install partition to include unused space of /storage partition?

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - sraue - 05-20-2017

Qazijadoo post=169252 Wrote:so finally I got to do this, dumped the image and modified cmdline.txt as per below:
boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 quiet
debugging nosplash
Boot it up, Open elec started as normal first setup wizard and partition size is still 500mb

you get some output with this method on boot? can you make a photo if there are error messages?

Open Elec 8 image creates only 500MB partition - sraue - 05-20-2017

jugdish post=169407 Wrote:I installed OpenELEC-RPi2.arm-8.0.3.img on a 32GB micro SD using Etcher on a Mac. I too end up with 500MB install partition and an unused 28GB /storage partition. I also tired the 4 yr old resize post OP mentioned, but could never get all the way through the process. How do I resize install partition to include unused space of /storage partition?

what you mean with "unused" 28GB Storage partition? a 28 GB Storage partition should be right